She lives in a cool little house on Cannery Row that sits on a dock tucked between the Monterey aquarium and a $600/night hotel, with views of sea just outside the window and bird friends that say hello as you walk by.
- Local farmers market where we bought fresh pasta, pesto and veggies for dinner
- Touring Ar’s film studio and meeting some of the crew
- Parking overnight along the picturesque coastline in what felt like the middle of town but where I saw a full horned buck trot along the jogging path at dusk
- The aquarium. Wow. Pet a bat ray, watch a male seahorse give birth, stand in front of a two story tank where the ‘fish’ were hammerheads.
- And surprising Ar with a special birthday cake
- Realizing Ar’s birthday is actually in July (the hazards of merely glancing at the birthday calendar and of knowing more than one Arlene)