Here are two things that found their way to my computer today and for some reason I needed to hear both of them. There’s nothing wrong in any way, it’s just nice to step back and view things with a bit of twee mushiness every once in awhile. Some of these are better than other. Enjoy.
You are doing a really good job. Both at parenting, and at being who you’re supposed to be. Even if you don’t feel like much right now, that’s just the externals: sleep deprivation, drudgery, survival, making decisions you never thought you’d have to make. If now feels like a super-crappy time, it’s probably because you didn’t notice yourself spinning the chrysalis. You’re inside now, working on stuff, and soon you’ll come out and stretch your wings. Those of us who are starting to come out the other side aren’t forgetting what it’s like, and we’ll be here to help you. Have a great year, everyone!
- 1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body … finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby’s pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.